Rush Limbaugh: Hillary Clinton
Started Obama Birther Movement
Rush Limbaugh: Who do you think started the birther movement against Obama? You know the birther movement!? The claim that Obama was not born in Hawaii... that he was rather born in some Muslim country, somewhere... And that he was not qualified according to the Constitution to be president because he's not born of American parents ... and he was not born in the United States. ... Who started that movement? It was Hillary Clinton!
@Rush Limbaugh: As pointed out here;
Pragmaticite: Barack Obama is the original birther.
For 16 years, Barack Obama represented in public that he was born in Kenya:
- 1991 - When Obama announced a book, "Journeys in Black and White" (never published), he represented himself as "born in Kenya" through his literary agency, Acton & Dystel.
- June 1998 - August 2002 – In Jane Dystel Literary Management client listings, his revised biographical summary claimed Obama as the author of "Dreams From My Father," still showing him "born in Kenya."
- On June 27, 2004, a news story, "Kenyan-Born Obama All Set for US Senate," featured a quote from Obama, indicating he had been consulted on the story for accuracy about his background.
- December 2004 - Jane Dystel Literary Management's client listing reflected Obama's updated experience as "junior Democratic senator from Illinois" and "keynote speaker at the 2004 Democratic National Convention," but continued to assert that Obama was "born in Kenya."
- April 3, 2007 - Having announced his candidacy for the US Presidency in February 2007, the client list for Jane Dystel Literary Management still portrayed Barack Obama as "born in Kenya." Later, on April 21, 2007, for the first time, Obama's biographical summary claimed Obama was "born in Hawaii."